Saturday, December 20, 2008

Etsy and the Asheville Etsy Street Team

Last year a friend told me to check out a nifty little website called Etsy. At the time, I was in the middle of an advanced metals class at Earthspeak Studios. I got online and checked out the site. I loved it! The site was a cross between a local arts & crafts bizarre and Ebay. I was spontaneously connected to the most amazing and creative people on the planet who were selling their handmade products. I wanted to be a part of this handmade movement. Without hesitation, though not ready to sell my own creations, I joined Etsy and created a profile. As things go, I got side tracked with other responsibilities and all progress in jewelry making was put on hold. Finally, after a year, I have posted a few of my first pieces of work and spruced up my Etsy page with a new banner. As part of my launch, I also joined a group of local Etsy artisans in an effort to get more involved in events occurring around the region and support the local handmade movement. Thanks to the Asheville Etsy Street Team for accepting me as a new member.

No comments: